Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok, the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization, at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela.
|Release Date||:||October 25, 2017|
|Genres||:||Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Science Fiction|
|Production Company||:||Walt Disney Pictures, Marvel Studios|
|Production Countries||:||United States of America|
|Director||:||Taika Waititi, Vincent Lascoumes, Tom Hooper, Ben Cooke, Taika Waititi|
|Writers||:||Jay Oliva, Craig Kyle, Christopher Yost, Stephany Folsom, Jack Kirby, Stan Lee, Larry Lieber, Eric Pearson|
|Casts||:||Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Idris Elba, Tessa Thompson, Jeff Goldblum, Karl Urban, Mark Ruffalo, Anthony Hopkins, Tadanobu Asano, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Benedict Cumberbatch, Rachel House, Taika Waititi, Clancy Brown, Stan Lee, Sam Neill, Luke Hemsworth, Matt Damon, Georgia Blizzard, Amali Golden, Charlotte Nicdao, Ashley Ricardo, Shalom Brune-Franklin, Taylor Hemsworth, Cohen Holloway, Alia Seror-O'Neill, Sophia Laryea, Stephen Oliver, Hamish Parkinson, Jasper Bagg, Sky Castanho, Shari Sebbens, Richard Green, Sol Castanho, Jet Tranter, Samantha Hopper, Eloise Winestock, Rob Mayes, Tahlia Jade, Winnie Mzembe, Sean Edward Frazer, Connor Zegenhagen, Tracie Filmer, Tracey Lee Maxwell, Beatrice Ward, Donnie Baxter, Greta Carew-Johns, Adam Green, Mollie McGregor, Sophia McGregor, Scarlett Johansson|
|Plot Keywords||:||sequel, superhero, based on comic, female villain, norse mythology, marvel cinematic universe, norse god|
I just came back from seeing it and this movie is awesome man.
1) the action scenes were top notch in this movie. Thor has never been this epic in the MCU. He does some pretty epic sh*t in this movie and he is definitely not under-powered anymore. Thor in unleashed in this, I love that.
2) Marvel did a damn good job in hiding some spoilers in the trailers.
3) design-wise, the movie is totally beautiful. not a single bad effect in the movie. even the scene that changed from city to field looks better on the actual big screen.
4) the freaking soundtrack. absolutely perfect. Immigrant Song FTW.
5) Hela is totally bad-ass too. powerful, commanding, with just the right amount of scenery-chewing. hell, a lot of characters are so delightfully over-the-top in this.
6) great supporting cast too. Valkyrie owns everything the moment she enters the movie. even Surtur was pretty darn hardcore. and Korg is freaking hysterical. Man I loved Korg!
7) the movie's got a lot of humor. that may be a problem to some ..but, when it's time to take things seriously, the movie does exactly that. specially towards the spectacular third act, when real sh*t is going down, the humor dials back a ton. It is only during the Sakaar portions of the movie where most of the humour is, not without several moments of sincere character interaction of course.
8) I thought what they did with the "Ragnarok" part was kind of genius. this may not be the Winter Soldier of Phase 3 they told us, but it does make some significant changes to the overall MCU, or at least, the Thor section of the MCU.
9) The pacing of the movie was perfect. Plus there wasn't a single scene in which I felt bored.
Overall this was one of Marvel's best films for me. It would definitely be in my top 5 marvel movies along with civil war, winter soldier, guardians of the galaxy and iron man 1. I'll probably rank it at 2nd or 3rd!!!